Oct 30, 2012

"Back at the old bridge" Photo session 2/3


"Meet me at the old bridge"-Marta-Argenteuil-France-25/08/2012

This is the second part of this photo session I called:"Back at the old bridge". I invite you to discover my first post above (published on October 27, 2012). I think that in the future I'll try to publish 3 posts a week, one every: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. For every post I'll submit 2 pictures or just one depending on how many photos I'm reworking on each series. I'm a French Photographer so I'm sorry if my English isn't perfect !
It was very interesting for me to work on those two new pictures. They're both in B/W. I wanted to explore the dramatical atmosphere and mood of this session and Marta's attitude and beauty. I really loved to work on those deep black tones and lightning on the model creating a:"clair-obscur" effect. And now I think that you're understanding a bit more why on my first post I was speaking so much about the influences of old movies (from the 30's to the 60's) on this session. Marta (my model) composed her outfit and as usual I gave my agreement before the shooting. I think that we're composing an excellent team together. I must also say that it's extremely inspiring for me to work with a model having so extremely long and beautiful hair ! it's a real treasure for a photographer.
The second picture: "Distance" is a bit different than the first one. Marta's pose makes me think about an American pinup from the 50's mixed with an old German expressionist movie from the 30's also mixed with a classical painting from the Italian renaissance. I hope that you'll like this new series ! (to be continued next Thursday). See you soon !

- Photo & Post production: Olivier Daaram Jollant
- Model, Make up, Hairdressing, Styling: Marta

"Distance"-Marta-Argenteuil-France-25/08/2012

Je vous présente aujourd'hui une seconde série d'images issues de cette séance photo que j'ai nommé: "Back to the old bridge//De retour au vieux pont". Je vous invite à découvrir mon premier post sur ce thème juste au dessus de celui ci (daté du 27/10/2012). Je pense qu'à l'avenir je publierai 3 posts par semaine soit un tous les: Mardi, Jeudi et Samedi. A chaque post je montrerai 1 à 2 images suivant le nombre de photos retravaillées par série. Je suis un photographe Français, désolé de faire passer ma langue natale en second plan sur ce blog, c'est uniquement dans le but d'être compris par le plus grand nombre.
Il a été très intéressant pour moi de retravailler sur les deux images que je présente aujourd'hui. Elles sont toutes deux en N/B. Je voulais explorer l'atmosphère dramatique du décors, du climat et de l'attitude, des poses et de la beauté du modèle. J'aime profondément travailler sur ce type d'image, en donnant cet effet de: "clair obscur", où les noirs sont les maîtres de l'image. Ici j'ai également voulu mettre l'accent sur les différentes textures des vêtements, de la chevelure, du métal, de la roche, des arbres…en contraste avec la blancheur et finesse de sa peau. A présent je pense que vous comprenez mieux pourquoi, lors de mon premier post, je parlais autant de l'influence du cinéma des années 30 à 60 pour cette séance photo. Je dois ajouter qu'il est extrêmement inspirant de travailler avec un modèle qui a de si longs et beaux cheveux ! c'est un véritable trésor pour un photographe.
La deuxième image: "Distance" est un peu différente de la première. La pose de Marta fait penser aux Pinup Américaines des années 50 à 60, le tout mixé avec un vieux film expressionniste Allemand et une peinture de la Renaissance Italienne. J'espère que vous aimerez cette nouvelle série. La suite à paraître Jeudi prochain. A très bientôt !

- Photo & Post production: Olivier Daaram Jollant

- Modèle, Maquillage, Coiffure, Stylisme: Marta

6 comments:

  1. So I can't wait for Thursday for your next post!!

    You did great job reworking these photos, and the painting-like texture on the second one is just too precious!!

    :-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, thanks so much ! I'm really happy with this series (as you know it) ;-)

      Delete
    2. Yep, I know! But it's so good to see them published here and I like how you take care to have your posts nice, clean and organized :-))

      Delete
    3. Ah yes sure I try to give and to show the best from my works, the photos, the texts how it looks, everything is important ! as you know it's a long work but when the post is finally published I feel really good and satisfied (except when I'm finding a spelling mistake) ;-)

      Delete
    4. Naaaah with your precision I don't believe in any spelling mistakes!

      Delete
  2. Well sometimes I'm checking at Google if there's one or two L to write the word:"spelling". My English is surrealistic sometimes ...

    ReplyDelete